Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At Innomar Strategies, a company of AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
Reporting to the Program Manager, Specialty Services, the Field Case Manager (FCM) is responsible for managing all aspects of the reimbursement environment and program support for assigned physicians in a given geographical area. An expert in regional government payer policies and procedures, the FCM supports the regional needs of the client and works directly with in house team to facilitate the enrolment, reimbursement and scheduling process to ensure patients have easy access to their prescribed therapy. The individual also assists the physicians in accessing the needs of each patient resulting in increased patient program enrollment and improved patient outcomes.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Customizes program elements to meet the needs of assigned prescribing physicians;
- Adherence to College of Nurses standards of nursing practices;
- Reviews patient status and assists the prescribing physician to complete patient enrolment, prepare Special Authorization (SA) petitions for public or private coverage by auditing patient charts, assessing previous therapies and tests in order to complete the SA;
- Proactively assesses programs and makes suggestions to enhance outcomes and quality of service;
- Completes all relevant reports (program specific reports, expenses, etc.) as per specified timelines and as per required standards.
- Welcomes each patient to the program and captures required patient information;
- Provides therapy guidelines to patients and physicians;
- Ensures patient services are coordinated and tracked, according to KPI’s, resulting in expedited access to therapy;
- Coordinates private and public coverage activity directly with insurers following program Standard Operating Procedures;
- Follow up with patient the outcome of reimbursement navigation;
- Provide information and navigate patient through financial assistance;
- Assist patient with pharmacy selection and coordinate drug delivery;
- Assist patient with coordination of therapy and ongoing patient monitoring;
- Reports Adverse Events / Severe Adverse Events following program Standard Operating Procedures.
- Identifies obstacles to obtaining coverage and channels this information to the Program Manager and/or Associate Program Manager.
- Assists in training and development of new FCM as needed
- Supports and assists peers through regular and ongoing communication.
- Develops and maintains a positive relationship with the Program Patient Support team.
- Provides timely patient and clinic information as needed, through specific means used by the program.
- Participates in scheduled KOL physician meetings with Sales Representatives;
- Develops strong working relationships with physicians and physician office staff, providing additional office support to ensure smooth maintenance of patients enrolled in the program as needed;
- Proactively provides assistance to resolve client issues with regards to assigned physicians;
- Attends scheduled Continuous Medical Education events and reports new activities;
- Provides in service presentation to KOL physicians in collaboration with the Sales Representatives on new program initiatives.
- Provide training to physicians and clinics on program and new initiatives approved by the client.
- Acts a liaison and provides ongoing feedback to the Patient Assistance Program based on observations in the field and feedback from customers as it pertains to quality of services, training, and other areas of importance.
- Ongoing maintenance of communication with Program Manager, physicians, physician office staff, client representatives, patients and nursing team as required;
- Completes all relevant reports (time sheets, expenses, mileage, reports etc.) as per specified timelines and as per required standards.
- The Field Case Manager will also be assigned other duties and tasks as required from time to time.
- Bilingualism (English and French) required;
- RN or RPN; Registration with the Provincial College of Nurses; case management experience preferred;
- Minimum three (3) years nursing experience in a clinical setting an asset;
- Available to travel within an assigned territory, some overnight travel may be required;
- BCLS may be required depending on therapeutic area of program;
- Valid Driver’s License, current auto insurance policy and access to reliable transportation, for regional travel;
- Experience and background in various therapeutic areas is an asset;
- Normally requires a minimum of five (5) years in public or private third party reimbursement arena or pharmaceutical industry in sales, managed care, or clinical support,
- Background in business administration (pharmaceutical) sales and marketing an asset;
- Knowledge of private and public reimbursement structure, systems, and process;
- Experience with reimbursement navigation, special authorization, appeals process and conducting field-based reimbursement support and consultation;
- Strong analytical skills including interpretation of regulation and legislation;
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical distribution industry
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong business acumen
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Effective interpersonal and leadership skills
- Effective organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to resolve issues effectively and efficiently
- Excellent presentation skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Office Programs
- Hold and maintain a valid, non-expired, unrestricted driver’s license
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Competitive compensation packages
- Comprehensive health and dental plans
- Flexible & remote working options
- Employer RRSP-matching
- Online peer-to-peer recognition program
- Corporate discounts with multiple establishments, including fitness centers
- Health & Wellness program with onsite yoga and massage therapy
AmerisourceBergen is a publicly traded Fortune 11 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical services companies. Innomar Strategies, a part of AmerisourceBergen, is Canada’s leading patient support provider for specialty pharmaceuticals. Through our Integrated Service Model, we deliver customized solutions to improve product access, increase supply chain efficiency, and enhance patient care. Innomar is the trusted expert in specialty pharmaceuticals with an unwavering commitment to patients.