Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As an organization, we are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures.
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Nurse Case Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of program support for assigned physicians or centers (hospital or clinics) in a given geographical area, and ensures that patients are provided easy access to the support program and access to their drug therapy. The Nurse Case Manager also works directly with the reimbursement specialist to help secure funding and supports the pharmaceutical team when needed.
- Provide medical support to patients and health care providers, including education on specific diseases and therapies;
- Telephone support (including maintenance calls and adherence support);
- Administer and adhere to case-management protocols, including clinical monitoring, data collection, on-going patient follow-up, compliance, therapy disruption/discontinuation monitoring, adverse event reporting and liaison with primary healthcare providers;
- Prepare for and attend extensive, specialized training sessions for specific therapies provided by the pharmaceutical team;
- Work directly with the reimbursement specialist and the physician to secure funding for their patient’s therapies; assist with alternative funding searches when needed;
- Attend pharmaceutical sales meetings as required;
- Attend patient meetings, conferences as needed to educate patients, providers regarding disease/product information and case management services;
- Work with patient associations and advocacy groups;
- Establish and maintain partnerships with pharmaceutical team;
- Liaise with health care providers, pharmacies and infusion clinics, and other agencies as required, to coordinate infusions, drug delivery and resolve issues as they arise;
- Clear communication to the manager, team and the client regarding the management of patient cases;
- With the managers, participate in the training process of new nurse case managers, including but not limited to shadowing & call monitoring.
- Be available on call after hours and weekends (24/7) for periodic telephone consultation and emails as needed by the program;
- The Nurse Case Manager will also be assigned other duties and tasks as required from time to time.
- Possibility of working remotely available
- Bilingualism (French and English) required
- Registered nurse (RN) or registered practical nurse (RPN) licence, or specific practice management experience preferred, with five (5) years of Nursing experience;
- Requires a minimum of two (2) years in public or private third party reimbursement arena or pharmaceutical industry in sales (not required, but an asset), managed care, or clinical support, or related experience;
- The preferred candidate is a nurse with healthcare and case management experience in medical or hospital practice or the insurance or bio-pharma industry;
- Experience in hematology and/or nephrology an asset;
- Strong patient focus;
- Strong ability to multi-task;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Superior customer service skills;
- Internet-research and computer savvy; has strong verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills and is a team player;
- Strong phone etiquette;
- Ability to communicate and comprehend medical information;
- Demonstrate teamwork abilities;
- Ability to work autonomously;
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes benefit programs that are comprehensive, diverse and designed to meet the various needs across our associate population.
- Healthcare for associates and eligible dependents, same-sex and domestic partners
- Paid time off, including vacations and holidays
- Paid volunteer time off
- Life insurance and disability protection
- Pet insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Retirement benefits and more…
Throughout our global footprint and various business units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we offer. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contributions. Specific benefit offerings may vary by location, position and/or business unit.
AmerisourceBergen is a publicly traded Fortune 10 global healthcare solutions company and is one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical services companies. Powered by our associates around the world, we provide pharmaceutical products and business solutions that improve access to care. We operate the backbone of the healthcare supply chain. We drive the future of local care delivery. We guide medical innovations to market. We create healthier futures.