Our Client, a growing company in the Gatineau area is looking for a Health & Safety Officer for their team.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Increase the awareness of managers and employees on health, safety and environmental issues. If necessary, perform Risk Assessment and Hazard Analysis;
- Monitor the OHS programs of the company divisions;
- Strictly apply OHS standards and requirements;
- Monitor and evaluate prevention programs and external subcontractor procedures to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements;
- Provide the training and awareness provided in the prevention program;
- Conduct site inspections, recommend corrective actions and issue notices of non-compliance;
- Perform job security analyzes, identify work-related risks and applicable preventative measures;
- Coordinate incident / accident investigations and analyzes, document causes and oversee the implementation of preventive and corrective measures;
- Follow up on the management of accident records and temporary assignment;
- Prepare OHS reports and statistics (maintain performance indicators up-to-date);
- Establish and maintain an equipment maintenance program;
- Participation in the reception & integration of new employees;
- Monitoring the progress of projects and activities included in the annual action plan;
- Ensure a good relationship with the various stakeholders in the field of OHS on our various projects;
- Manage the distribution of security equipment jointly with the logistician;
- Implement an OSH culture within the company;
- Any other tasks necessary for the proper functioning of the department.
Qualifications and Experience
- Fluent Bilingualism is required.
- 5+ years’ a similar role, preferably within the construction or manufacturing industry.
• Social activities organized by the company
• Performance bonuses
• Competitive remuneration
• Work and personal life balance
• Sick days
• 3 Weeks’ Vacation
• Continuing education
• Flexible hours
• Free parking
We are an inclusive employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants needs throughout the recruitment process. If you have accommodation needs, please reach out to us as soon as possible by sending an email to accessibility officer