- 100% Remote
- Excellent Benefit Package
- Competitive Compensation
- RRSP with company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Reimbursement
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List in order of importance)
- Maintains and attracts potential customers by handling inbound sales and customer communication (calls/emails/click-to-chat) relating to service status or challenges/concerns/issues within the network
- Responsible for handling in-bound sales and customer communication (calls/emails/click to chat) in the processing, expediting, and troubleshooting of customer orders in both French and English.
- Owns the customer request and experience from initiation to conclusion.
- Process, via computer, all customer requests. Utilize multiple and often complex systems, programs, and monitors in order to research information.
- Researches and resolves customer issues, expedites back orders, handles returns and special requests. Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Proactively interacts with outside sales force to ensure regular communication on pricing and other customer concerns. Provides high-level, quality service, closely aligned with sales, to enable sales growth.
- Follows up with sales, suppliers, and customers on any outstanding issues.
- Looks for opportunities to provide solutions.
- Makes recommendations on areas for process improvement.
- Make decisions based on policies and past precedence, seeking guidance as necessary.
- Accountable to performance metrics such as schedule adherence, productivity standards and quality standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Training time is paid. Approximately 4 weeks of training
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and Certifications)
- Completion of a College or University diploma or certificate in a related field such as business, administration, science, customer care; or 2 years previous experience in a call center environment or related customer service role.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the job competently)
- Bilingual French/English
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be a team player and be able to work with members of the immediate team, as well as, employees outside the organization, while demonstrating the ability to work independently
- Must be comfortable working in a matrix environment
- Possesses proven problem solving skills and resourcefulness
- Must be customer and sales focused
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced and complex environment
- Possesses organization and time management skills
- Practices attentive and active listening
- Ability to maintain composure and positive attitude during difficult times
- Intermediate PC skills required; must be able to work in multiple systems concurrently, often utilizing multiple monitors
- Familiarity with SAP system helpful
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL EFFORT (Under Typical Positions)
Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
Work assignments are diversified. Examples of past precedent are used to resolve work problems. New alternatives may be developed to resolve problems.
A frequent volume of work and deadlines impose strain on routine basis.
Minimal physical effort is required. Work is mostly sedentary but does require walking, standing, bending, reaching, lifting, or carrying objects that typically weigh less than 10 lbs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Avantor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/province, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at TalentManagement@avantorsciences.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW Poster, EEO is the Law Poster Supplement, and Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision using the links below.